Wells Fargo Reviews
64% would recommend to a friend
(45000 total reviews)
64% approve of CEO
Found 45,000 of over 48K reviews
Updated 28 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The benefits are great and the people make it a joy to come to work each day." (in 5372 reviews)
- "Good pay and that's all i can really think of other than that it's pretty bad to work here" (in 2360 reviews)
- "Work life balance is good but it usually depends on what group you work in." (in 2144 reviews)
- "Deal flow is decent and the majority of the people you work with are great." (in 1813 reviews)
- "Wells provided great training and support to get your feet under you as you take the qualifying exams." (in 791 reviews)
- "Poor management; each branch operates very differently depending on the branch manager (no consistency)" (in 2091 reviews)
- "Good managers have sound judgement and make good business decisions when dealing with customers on a day to day basis." (in 1141 reviews)
- "The referrals from customer service are horrible and upper management refuses to look into the problem." (in 640 reviews)
- "Long hours and no at home food voucher" (in 417 reviews)
- "recent changes in senior leadership removed appreciation for those that have been there and helped fix prior issues" (in 360 reviews)
- 3.014 Nov 2023Control Management SpecialistFormer Employee, less than 1 yearHong Kong
Colleagues are pretty nice but the direction of the bank is very chaotic.
Senior management seems to have no idea how to properly run a bank.
- 3.06 Jul 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer EmployeeHong Kong
- Work/life balance - Friendly colleagues in Asia - Benefits are standard for a foreign bank in Hong Kong - Bloated with middle office staff in Compliance, Risk and Control, so great to find cushy jobs here to park yourself - Still in hybrid office culture; people still not showing up to office
- Decisions made out of London and Charlotte (running joke they don't have passports - it's funny but not really funny when you're working with them); no commitment to APAC - Muppets running the show - Front-office headcount reductions so no revenue growth mindset - Ran by Risk and Compliance - Limited client coverage groups to FIG-Banks and Commercial Distribution Finance (acquired from GE) - Markets business just only does credit distribution; not even a real S&T shop - Currently low morale because of the APAC retreat and headcount reductions and no aspiration for growth in region - International management are not investing in the APAC region; rather, they are pulling resources away and allocating them into London - Culture of fear; if you reach out to EthicsLine and Loudspeaker programs, or even Q&A in townhalls, there's a fear of retaliation; there's no anonymity
Wells Fargo Reviews FAQs
Wells Fargo has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 48,347 reviews left anonymously by employees. 64% of employees would recommend working at Wells Fargo to a friend and 54% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
64% of Wells Fargo employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Wells Fargo 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.