Morgan Stanley Reviews
78% would recommend to a friend
(15163 total reviews)
James P. Gorman
86% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Morgan Stanley employs some great people that are excellent to have in your personal network." (in 1461 reviews)
- "good culture and expectations are not too high" (in 1160 reviews)
- "Benefits are good and usually very competitive with the market" (in 816 reviews)
- "Work life balance is good but ebbs and flows with the times and profit margins." (in 747 reviews)
- "Pay is good and they provide accommodation which is very close to the office building" (in 539 reviews)
- "Long hours and requires you to be glued to your desk for most of the day" (in 629 reviews)
- "Management at the branch level is poor" (in 409 reviews)
- "Long and late working hours" (in 291 reviews)
- "Managers don't care about your physical or mental health" (in 224 reviews)
- "Low compensation compared to GS and JPM" (in 193 reviews)
Found 15,163 of over 19K reviews
Updated 3 Dec 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEW24 Aug 2023Admin- ManagerFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsChicago, IL
MS was a wonderful place to work. Smart, hardworking people w competitive benefits.
Management heavy at times- too much of a hierarchy.
- 5.029 Nov 2023AnalystFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsHong Kong
Very strong team work. People are genuinely aligned to deliver the best for clients
hours very long. Year-end reviews can be very competitive.
Morgan Stanley Reviews FAQs
Morgan Stanley has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 18,584 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at Morgan Stanley to a friend and 71% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
78% of Morgan Stanley employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Morgan Stanley 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.