Found 14,398 of over 17K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "There are always people and teams you can get along with and have a good work/life balance." (in 1866 reviews)
- "Amex offers great benefits as well and you can tell they care about their employees." (in 1110 reviews)
- "Most of the people are great; I built great friendships with a lot of the people there." (in 779 reviews)
- "Great culture; will to win; fast paced; innovative; focus on quality and customer service" (in 766 reviews)
- "Good pay and very free" (in 498 reviews)
- "Base salary was low but once commission kicked in it was well worth the wait." (in 366 reviews)
- "Poor management team leads will overlook blatant collection law violations to achieve their teams numbers even to the point of lying to their card members" (in 315 reviews)
- "Everything is good if your manager is good." (in 162 reviews)
- "Limited growth opportunities and learning" (in 87 reviews)
- "long hours and schedules include weekends" (in 80 reviews)
- 4.011 Oct 2023AnalystFormer Employee, more than 1 yearHong Kong
Good culture, not pushing or toxic. Good hours.
Slow promotion and increase in salary
- 4.01 Sept 2023Associate DirectorFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsHong Kong
Had worked for Amex for several years. A great company to work for!
Pay rates can be lower compared to industry standard
- 2.025 Jul 2023ManagerFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsHong Kong
decent benefits remote working arrangement
Management overestimated themselves as the market-leader in Hong Kong, not willing to listen or really look at the outside market.
- 4.013 Apr 2023Assistant ManagerFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsHong Kong
More flexibility and an inclusive / diverse culture. Good colleagues, good working environment.
The remuneration is not on par with the market. Don't expect they will put you on the fast track for a promotion.
- 3.028 May 2023Centurion Relationship ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearHong Kong
WFH 3 days a week. Birthday leave. Medical insurance. Worldwide working opportunities.
Flexibility in decreasing due to management team changes. High turnover. Too many Ad hoc works.
American Express Reviews FAQs
American Express has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 16,849 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at American Express to a friend and 79% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
82% of American Express employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated American Express 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.