Vector Marketing Employee Reviews about "friends and family"
90% would recommend to a friend
(66 total reviews)
Bruce Goodman and Albert DiLeonardo
97% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great pay and selling people a service that will benefit them and will last forever is truly rewarding" (in 406 reviews)
- "Great people training you very compassionate and always willing to help you do your best." (in 332 reviews)
- "In all honesty the manager has been a great help to me and was the reason I was even able to make my first sale." (in 320 reviews)
- "Flexible Schedule and you are making appointments and get paid even if you don't make a sale." (in 316 reviews)
- "I love the flexible schedule, and the boost after making a sale is great, helps communication skills greatly" (in 232 reviews)
- "3 day training is unpaid and the office may be farther than you'd like to drive" (in 324 reviews)
- "Also its a 1099 instead of W2 so you don't actually work for them and also means no benefits." (in 47 reviews)
- "The upper management was amazing and rather encouraging." (in 10 reviews)
- "Hard to get time off" (in 7 reviews)
- "it basically scams unemployed young adults." (in 7 reviews)
Found 66 of over 8K reviews
Updated 30 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "friends and family"Return to all Reviews
- 5.023 Jun 2019Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearEdmonton, AB
It’s a high paying job you are flexible in time and you get to sell it to family friends cousins neighbours
It’s hard to sell if the customer doesn’t understand the value of the products
- 5.06 May 2018SalesmanCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearOklahoma City, OK
The friendly staff that are as well knowledgeable of the product as well as you get the feeling you are like family.
Haven't found any of them.
- 5.07 Aug 2021Sales RepresentativeCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearReno, NV
I love the flexible schedule an that the product is loved by so many friends and family. The prizes are always a fun incentive for customers.
Most people don’t understand, even when explaining the process, that the app is not found in the App Store and needs to be approved by the customer.
- 5.07 Jul 2019Sales RepresentativeCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearWarren, MI
I’m happy I get to reconnect with family and friends and even new people I’ve never met before.
I really have none for cutco the only thing is that I don’t have my own car yet so it’s hard to get from place to place.
- 5.014 Feb 2017Sales RepresentativeFormer Contractor, more than 3 yearsSan Jose, CA
The people that I have met here are some of the best people I have met in my life. The family centered culture and the 'create your own success' mentality is definitely embodied here. You can make some serious income if you are willing to work hard. Commission is uncapped and commission rates go up to 50%. This company has given me great experience and has really given me a solid platform to launch my sales career.
No leads. All sales are based on your current network. Company needs to change their business model a little bit in that managers seem to consistently get paid less than sales reps. So if you like to sell, this is the place for you. Furthermore, everyone who works here is an independent contractor so there are no employee benefits. No health care coverage, no 401K matching, no PTO etc. You work however much you want to with no base salary and commission only.
- 5.030 May 2019Assistant ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearCollege Station, TX
One of the reasons I love about Cutco is the advancement opportunities. Based on my hard work and effort I was promoted to Assistant Manager at 17 years old. This is a great option for students because of the extremely flexible schedule. With this job you can make full time money while working part time. Our goal is to give students the opportunity to gain some real life skills instead of getting a cashier job at some organization. At this job you can also earn scholarships for school and earn college credit. The energy and family feel to the office is one of the best things about working here; everyone is beyond supportive.
With this job I don't really see any cons. You have to work hard, this is not a job where you can just skate by. Your effort determines your paycheck.
- 5.028 Dec 2019Sales RepresentativeCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearGilbert, AZ
Not only does the job pay amazingly well, but Vector is the type of place where your actually excited to meet customers and get involved! The other sales representatives and the managers are so positive and really do create a family feeling!
Absolutely no cons to this job.
- 5.016 Jul 2022Sales RepresentativeCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearAnahuac, TX
You get great learning in how to actually sale productos while supoorting a family owned business.
Work from anywhere not just a building.
- 5.024 Jan 2016Sales RepresentativeCurrent EmployeeAmarillo, TX
Will be able to take all notes and manual to demos wont ever have to memorize anything it is all with you in your manual. Awesome product, litterly sells itself. You can put Free Tuition on your resume to help you to get another job, gives you a ton of experience and advancements. Excited about Fast start to earn prizes for demos! You can purchase your sample kit for $97 when actual value is $430. Write offs for taxes! Managers and co-workers are so sweet and exciting to be with more like a family than a regular job environment. Make your own schedule. You get to try out everything at training before you demonstrate at demos. You will learn everything you need to know at the training and one on one with the manager if you have any questions and concerns. Your clients dont have to buy anything from you in order to get paid, you get paid just showing them cutco plus commission if they do buy. Lifetime warranty on products is awesome!
Interviews and Training is long and you dont get paid for training. 15 minute breaks for training wasnt long enough maybe 30 minute would be better. If you dont have a vehicle its rough because you need to drive to clients homes and to office for events and meetings. Products are expensive, but they are well worth the price! Cant get sample kit until you book 5 appts.1