Vector Marketing Reviews
90% would recommend to a friend
(6268 total reviews)
Bruce Goodman and Albert DiLeonardo
97% approve of CEO
Found 6,268 of over 8K reviews
Updated 29 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "good pay and easy job if you like people" (in 411 reviews)
- "Great people training you very compassionate and always willing to help you do your best." (in 324 reviews)
- "In all honesty the manager has been a great help to me and was the reason I was even able to make my first sale." (in 318 reviews)
- "Flexible Schedule and you are making appointments and get paid even if you don't make a sale." (in 303 reviews)
- "This job offers a flexible schedule, which is great for college students" (in 262 reviews)
- "3 day training is unpaid and the office may be farther than you'd like to drive" (in 315 reviews)
- "Also its a 1099 instead of W2 so you don't actually work for them and also means no benefits." (in 48 reviews)
- "The upper management was amazing and rather encouraging." (in 9 reviews)
- "Hard to get time off" (in 7 reviews)
- "it basically scams unemployed young adults." (in 7 reviews)
- 2.08 Jul 2015Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
I learned how to use a knife a lot better.
Representatives are forced to rely on their own connections, or go door to door for sales. The knives are a hard sell at their high price. Travel is not reimbursed.
- 1.029 Nov 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, less than 1 year
*Great base pay * create your own schedule * do it on your own time
* ALL THE PEOPLE YOU CALL HAVE TO BE OVER 30 years old, married (male and female) AND OWN A HOME. Other wise you will not qualify for base pay. * if your customer doesn’t want to download your app you have to call your manager so they can force your customer to download the app for feedback / prove you are on a call with said customer. * if your demo is under 30 minutes it will be marked “suspicious” and they will hold your check from you even if you really did the demos. * most of the upper management is very very rude. * extremely unprofessional. Very very pushy sales people * you will only get 5% to 10% commission ( this can go up if you can make $25,000)….. OR base pay meaning if you did 35 demos ($875)for the whole week and make ONE sale of $3000 you will get 10% of 2456 = $246…. You will only get paid the commission and not the base pay too… Not worth it. You have to work 80 times harder but you can do it all on your phone on their Cutco orders app and the other apps they have you use. If they say you have to do it all on a computer it’s a lie. Your customers can see your whole demo on their phones. * yes it’s a cool product but you will be disappointed when you put in so much work and get a very same paycheck you are better off getting a retail job paying $16.50 an hour.
- 5.012 Nov 2023Sales RepresentativeCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearVeguita, NM
The amazing energy that everyone has is just mind blowing I've never seen this amount of joy and motivation from any other job I've had and it just drives you to succeed and empowers you to know that we can succeed and make our lives worth living and do a job we love!!
I don't have that many people to call and get recommendations for so that has been a big challenge for me due to some personal reasons I've had to cut a lot of people out of my life so finding people to do my presentation to is a bit of a hurdle.
- 4.01 Nov 2023Sales RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 3 years
Yea, you're gonna sell to your family to begin with. Yea, you're gonna sell to your fmaily member's friends. Yea, you're gonna sell to your friend's parents and their friends. That being said, this is a great opportunity to boost your resume and actually learn some valuable life and social skills that will boost you as you transition to a more professional profession. It's also a great opportunity to get some good cash while in college and even offers top representatives opportunities to move up the ranks in the business at a very young age. The more time and effort you put into it, the more you'll get out of it.
This company has horrible PR. Their Wikipedia page has a whole section dedicated to lawsuits. Anyone that doesn't work for this company thinks that it is a pyramid scheme, which may harm you in social settings.
- 2.020 Nov 2023Customer Service RepresentativeFormer Employee, less than 1 yearBuffalo, NY
Good place to work for to learn new skills and does offer lots of new rewards
Barely made any sales due to the high prices the products are. Lots of complaints from potential customers who had a lot to say about the prices, they would have bought a set if it was a lower amount.
- 5.025 Nov 2023Sales RepresentativeCurrent Employee
You dont have to sell anything just book appointments and cutco sells itself. Bonuses, Incentives, Promotions.
NONE for me. I love everything about the company so far.
- 5.018 Nov 2023Sales RepresentativeCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
You get to be around positive with the same goals or even higher goals and every one is very understanding and polite would have worked here sooner if I could. It also has great pay as long as you stay on top of your job.
Since I’ve been here I haven’t ran into anything negative
Vector Marketing Reviews FAQs
Vector Marketing has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 7,571 reviews left anonymously by employees. 90% of employees would recommend working at Vector Marketing to a friend and 75% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
90% of Vector Marketing employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Vector Marketing 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.6 for career opportunities.