University of Hong Kong Employee Reviews about "long working hours"
73% would recommend to a friend
(32 total reviews)
65% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The salary is low compared to other universities in Hong Kong in the same job title" (in 117 reviews)
- "low pay compared to other universities in HK" (in 35 reviews)
- "No career path and unstable short" (in 29 reviews)
- "Poor management but depends on which department." (in 14 reviews)
- "Competitive and too much pressure" (in 10 reviews)
Found 32 of over 2K reviews
Updated 28 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "long working hours"Return to all Reviews
- 1.017 Feb 2023PhD StudentFormer EmployeeHong Kong
The stipend I got was better than some in the UK and US
- No support given to students - Terrible supervision - Long working hours - Sexist and racist environment1
- 5.030 Aug 2023Postdoctoral FellowCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearHong Kong
HKU is a research extensive university with good facilities and funding.
Although it depends on different research groups you are affiliated as a researcher. The working hours are long.