University of Hong Kong Reviews
73% would recommend to a friend
(902 total reviews)
65% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The salary is low compared to other universities in Hong Kong in the same job title" (in 111 reviews)
- "low pay compared to other universities in HK" (in 38 reviews)
- "No career path and unstable short" (in 29 reviews)
- "Poor management but depends on which department." (in 15 reviews)
- "No bonus and 12 month salary" (in 11 reviews)
Found 902 of over 2K reviews
Updated 28 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.024 Nov 2023Research AssistantCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearHong Kong
Working Hours of your choosing & supervisors are understanding.
Compensation can be better, limited working hours allowed per week.
- 5.023 Nov 2023Undergraduate Research AssistantFormer Employee, more than 1 yearHong Kong
Always go for research assistant positions if you can, esp if you're from the science faculty. Great for practical lessons, great hands-on practice with tools
Not much, but repetitive work may be a bit boring depending on the person
- 5.011 Nov 2023Research AssistantFormer Employee, more than 1 yearHong Kong
I had a really good boss, which made the experience of working there really good.
Work is not super stable, some bureaucracy, tiny team.
University of Hong Kong Reviews FAQs
University of Hong Kong has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 1,885 reviews left anonymously by employees. 73% of employees would recommend working at University of Hong Kong to a friend and 51% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
73% of University of Hong Kong employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated University of Hong Kong 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.