Ritz-Carlton Employee Reviews about "work life balance"
67% would recommend to a friend
(126 total reviews)
75% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Hours constantly changing and poor management" (in 142 reviews)
- "Long hours and very tiring" (in 109 reviews)
- "No work life balance in the food and beverage department" (in 75 reviews)
- "salary is low and very hard to get a promotion" (in 72 reviews)
- "Managers do NOT try to work with your schedules or outside life" (in 55 reviews)
Found 126 of over 3K reviews
Updated 27 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "work life balance"Return to all Reviews
- 3.023 Mar 2023Night AuditorCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearPhiladelphia, PA
Marriott benefit and pay isn’t super bad.
Not flexible with your schedule at all really and work/life balance is hard.
- 5.06 Sept 2015ConciergeFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsAvon, CO
Excellent benefits Excellent support for employees - you always felt like the company had your back Some of the best supervisors and managers that I ever worked for Great work / life balance with plenty of flexible shifts that allowed for a lot of fun Great relationships with other vendors in town
Corporate had asinine goals for recording guest preferences and issues in an archaic and ridiculously slow system Other properties might not be as great to work for General Manager next door at the hotel was very antagonistic1
- 4.014 Nov 2011Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Benefits, opportunities for domestic and international career growth, fast paced environment.
The hospitality industry as a whole requires 100% dedication and work life balance takes quite a bit of life-style juggling to maintain professional and personal obligations - it is not for everyone.
- 4.015 Jan 2012Anonymous EmployeeCurrent EmployeeNew York, NY
Ladies and gentlemen are the most important resource!
work/life balance is not the best
- 5.04 Apr 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Worked with the best hospitality professionals in the business. I received opportunities for advancement and learned the business from the best.
Work life balance and having to deal with unruly guests.