Power Home Remodeling Reviews
91% would recommend to a friend
(4543 total reviews)
Corey Schiller & Asher Raphael
96% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "A lot of companies put on a facade and make you think they have great culture." (in 635 reviews)
- "The training is great and constantly improving to be more effective and set everyone up for success." (in 274 reviews)
- "The people at people are great and will push you to be a better you!" (in 257 reviews)
- "Great support and leadership." (in 156 reviews)
- "Pay is great and the company does a lot of events to give back to the employees." (in 147 reviews)
- "no work life balance if you are married and value your family." (in 266 reviews)
- "Long hours and hard to balance life at first" (in 206 reviews)
- "The hard work often means long hours and time away from home." (in 68 reviews)
- "When you have time off you make the best of it and the income helps with that." (in 26 reviews)
- "Long days in the heat knocking on doors getting doors slammed or yelled at just have to accept your gonna have bad days" (in 19 reviews)
Found 4,543 of over 5K reviews
Updated 30 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEW14 Jun 2023Remodeling ConsultantCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearAustin, TX
Power Home Remodeling has been, hands-down, such an absolute breath of fresh air for me in a professional environment that has been suffocated by a cacophony of demoralizing monotony for years. From the moment you walk in you are greeted by the friendliest faces and warmest demeanor. It’s honestly a bit of culture shock in the best way possible. The support system created by leadership and colleagues in all departments is incredibly flexible and reliable. The opportunities are endless and placed on an even playing field for all, if you put in your best you will receive their best. The communication is thorough, accountable, and delivered across clear channels. It is encouraged to be vocal about your thoughts, opinions, and opportunities. Their culture is built upon pillars of hard work, dedication, and compassion that is exemplified on a daily basis starting from your leaders radiated down to your colleagues. It is truly a symphony of culture, empowerment, equality, and opportunity.
With absolute certainty I can attest that the only cons from working at Power are the roadblocks that you create for yourself. You are given all the tools needed, all the training needed, and all the development needed for you to have a long lasting and fruitful career. Focus, mindset, and grit will empower you to reach your goals and enable the future that you have envisioned for yourself.5
- 5.029 Nov 2023Military Affairs CoordinatorCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsCharlotte, NC
Power Home Remodeling is not just a company who talks about being a friendly place for veterans, they are setting the bar for what a company should look like to someone leaving the military or a veteran searching for a place to belong. This is apparent through not only the care and intentionality they show, but also through events they set up for veterans to help them grow and find their way and identity outside of the military. One of these events is the annual Power Veterans Initiative Summit. An amazing event where over 300 people from around the company are invited to a location somewhere in the US to unpack leadership, growth, and development concepts. This year the Summit was held in Tucson Arizona where the attendees participated in activities such as hiking, horseback riding, and driving/riding UTV's through the Arizona desert. All of this was done while unpacking the concept of Action Over Everything.
The Cons are all how you perceive it. If you are looking for something to be wrong then you will find a way to find it. However, if you come into the company with a positive mindset and the willingness to be a student then you will soon find that some of the pressures are actually a privilege and opportunity to grow beyond your wildest dreams!
- 5.027 Nov 2023Customer Development RepresentativeCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearAustin, TX
This company is not an easy place to work for, but it’s more than worth it if you’re willing to put in the work. You’ll walk into the best work culture that I’ve ever witnessed. Everyone want to see you succeed and is willing to go out of their way to help you as long as you’re putting in the effort. The earning potential is insane and you are given a road map for success. Again, not an easy path, but it just takes hard work and dedication to follow it. Great senior leadership that is directly involved with your training and retains an open door policy
It’s not for everyone. It’s a sales orientated job, but you don’t need sales experience to be a top performer. Commission only job, but it’s worth it.
- 4.018 Oct 2023Remodeling ConsultantCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
Just about everything Power has promised me, Power delivered. It is one of the best vehicles to get where you want to go financially. Amazing training made me feel like a professional very quickly in an industry I previously didn’t know anything about. Leadership has been innovative and always coming up with new, better, more efficient ways of doing things. Uncapped commission with fair bonus structure. Work culture is great and very supportive and positive. Everyone wants everyone to win here. Great sales incentives and trips. Best sales job I’ve had, it’s taught me a lot about selling, and now this is the industry I’ll be in forever because of the skills I’ve learned here.
Being highly self motivated is not a suggestion but an absolute requirement. 100% commission no base. If you’re not good with your finances this is a hard job to have because of highs and lows of sales. One-call-close skills are uncomfortable to learn and master. You rarely ever get to sell to your own customers again, no relationship building with clients. Promotions are quick but there is not extra pay for extra work. It’s most economical (time V money) to being a basic rep which is unfortunate. Def kinda “cult” like. And culture is very tight knit and in some cases difficult for spouses to get behind.1
- 5.030 Nov 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
Plain and simple, the best reason to work here is the people. I have been able to make relationships here that I will cherish for a long time. Relationships that have made me a better person and give me opportunities to grow personally and professionally. When that is the type of community that you get to be surrounded by, nothing is impossible.
The hours can be challenging for some. However the more intentional you are with your time, the more you can actually make the hours a pro.
- 5.05 Sept 2023Vice PresidentCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsPlainview, NY
I have been at Power for over 12 years and couldn't imagine my life if I hadn't found this place. I've worked on both the front end of the business (Customer Development, Sales, and Quality Assurance) and the back end (Project Services and Installation Services). In all the roles I've had, there are a few things that remained constant... - The jobs here are challenging and not always the most glamorous, but I always loved the culture and the people I worked with. -I've struggled at times in each role but always felt supported. If you care about what you do and how well you do it, there will always be someone willing to help you. - There is opportunity for growth everywhere! This applies to professional aspirations like leadership roles but also personal development you can gain through workshops, summits, and conferences. But the thing I feel is the most unique about Power is that we are a large, stable, industry-leading company but are also still growing and need more people, more leadership, and have positions we'll need to fill that don't even exist yet! It's really rare and exciting and I'm humbled to be a part of it. In summary, I love what I do every day and the people I get to do it with!
The jobs are not easy, the standards are high, and sometimes you can work really hard but not see the rewards right away. That is something you just have to be okay with. The opportunity for success, however you define it, is there... it will just take time and be difficult, but that's what makes it all the more rewarding when you see it through and achieve your goal.2
- 5.07 Sept 2023Executive AssistantCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsChester, PA
Power is truly a company that is encouraging and inclusive. The culture is evident from the first time that you walk through the door and it is embedded into everything we do. The leadership team is always transparent and they 100% walk the walk. They take care of their people, especially through rough economic times. They invest in technology, with a strong focus on products that are good for the environment and our customers. They are caring and compassionate, always encouraging you to be your best self. They want to see you grow and thrive, not just within the company but in your life. Power offers great added benefits that help you with day to day life, for example daycare reimbursement. If you are a parent you know how great this benefit is. Your colleagues are more like family here and work is challenging, but fun which makes it not seem like work. I have worked for Power for 17 years and I still look forward to going to work each day. I love it here.
You are expected to work hard, this isn't a company that you can just do the bare minimum for. If you are willing to put in the work your growth with the company is limitless, but you must put in the work. When you work for a company that gives you so much, you in return will give them the same. You will find it hard to just turn off at quitting time because you are so invested.1
- 5.030 Nov 2023Community ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsAustin, TX
- People who care - The right kind of leaders have been brought in to steer the ship in a beautiful, people focused direction - Ability to air grievances to leadership without worrying about repercussions - Amazing, impactful events large and small - A new focus on mindfulness and gratitude throughout the business - Our community is constantly getting more diverse in every way - We have the ability to impact the community around us and are supported in that effort - Great pay / benefits. - We added childcare payments, days off for guardsmen and so many other benefits specifically crafted to meet the needs of our people - Younger leadership in newer offices are taking even greater care for their people showcasing growth over time - Our internal communication platform really helps keep our community feeling tight even though we're across the country - Regular joint consciousness calls keep everyone in the company informed. And having the same kind of calls for leadership means they are in sync and operating with real time information - People come here and grow as people and professionals - Best in class veteran program - Adaptive leaders at the highest level who are willing to shift course if the proper information has been presented
- The company is still figuring out how to strike a balance with how much time they expect of their employees
- 5.016 Nov 2023Remodeling ConsultantCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSilver Spring, MD
1. If you’re a veteran, the camaraderie at Power is real! Makes me feel like I’m back on active duty. 2. Everybody at Power genuinely cares about you and wants you to succeed. 3. Positive vibes only! I have never seen a negative vibe in the building. 4. No matter your age, gender, sexual orientation, race etc. you are loved and appreciated and encouraged to be who YOU are. 5. No matter your role at this company you will be challenged every single day and forced outside of your comfort zone so that you can grow, if you allow yourself to do so. 6. The only way you don’t succeed is if you give up on yourself. 7. Embrace the culture and not only will you be successful, but you’ll make lifelong friends and never want to look for another job again.
This depends on the person, but it could be long/odd hours (position dependent).
Power Home Remodeling Reviews FAQs
Power Home Remodeling has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5, based on over 4,597 reviews left anonymously by employees. 91% of employees would recommend working at Power Home Remodeling to a friend and 91% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
91% of Power Home Remodeling employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Power Home Remodeling 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.6 for career opportunities.