Found 593 of over 642 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The people are great and generally want to help!" (in 49 reviews)
- "Great students and colleagues." (in 31 reviews)
- "Benefits are good, the overall mission is powerful and most of the students are there with some of the best intentions of bettering our society." (in 30 reviews)
- "Flexible hours and schedules for students" (in 13 reviews)
- "Great staff and faculty." (in 12 reviews)
- "Low pay compared to similar jobs at other schools and other student jobs at The New School." (in 43 reviews)
- "Poor Management" (in 15 reviews)
- "Salaries for graduate students are low" (in 9 reviews)
- "Upper Management is a hot mess." (in 7 reviews)
- "Leadership seems disconnected, say one thing, do another." (in 7 reviews)
- 5.017 Sept 2023Associate Professor of PracticeCurrent Employee
1. Great mix of under-graduate, graduate and PhD programs. 2. The New schools location in NYC is like a live laboratory in terms of internship and jobs in the private sector, public sector and business and industry. 3. Fast paced nature of NYC allow for new experiences and constant challenges.
The New Schools location in NYC can also be a challenge given the NYC's size and scope. Getting things done in NYC can be problematic. Finding opportunities can be difficult and time consuming. The sheer number of those looking for opportunities also makes being selected very competitive.
- 5.025 Oct 2023Student Communications SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
- Flexible schedule for students - Creative and collaborative - Management takes your career interests into account when assigning you work
- Can't work beyond 10-20 hours a week depending on your FWS allotment
- 4.026 Sept 2023Project ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
Good benefits and work/life balance. Education opportunities for employees.
They like to keep things fresh—which means they sometimes cleared house of employees who’d been there for years.
- 3.03 Oct 2023Lab AssistantFormer Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
- great collaborative team and environment - learn new technologies
- really small work space - minimum wage only
- 5.027 Sept 2023Library AssistantCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
It's a really great job for any student looking to support themselves while studying.
Can be tricky balancing hours and studies
- 2.015 Sept 2023Part-Time FacultyFormer Employee, less than 1 yearNew York, NY
Liberal learning space pioneering programs
Compensation for part time faculty is severely inadequate
New School Reviews FAQs
New School has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 642 reviews left anonymously by employees. 62% of employees would recommend working at New School to a friend and 42% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.
62% of New School employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated New School 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.