Found 6,432 of over 8K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "great benefits and 401" (in 824 reviews)
- "The people are great and they provide dozens of opportunities to get to know the company more." (in 564 reviews)
- "Great culture and a clear vision on how to be a highly successful private company." (in 435 reviews)
- "Good work life balance: 8am to 6pm and you are done at 6pm most of the times" (in 355 reviews)
- "Free medical/dental and free food (snacks and drinks)." (in 288 reviews)
- "Micro management and competition pressure" (in 334 reviews)
- "Generally too slow to advance high performers because many managers have been at the company a very long time." (in 241 reviews)
- "Long hours and often down time" (in 194 reviews)
- "Strict, Late Working Hours, Sometimes hard to reach" (in 87 reviews)
- "Absolute micromanagement and no career progression whatsoever." (in 78 reviews)
- 5.04 Dec 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Good career development opportunities, decent salary, nice perks.
Might have to work on old/obsolete technologies
- 4.027 Nov 2023Data AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
People are friendly and supportive, opportunities for learning and development
As with any large organization, project progress can be stalled for a long time waiting management or engineering approval
- 3.010 Sept 2023Pricing AnalystFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsHong Kong
Fantastic benefits and exposure for career starter or someone wanting work life balance.
Insufficient depth of a finance career développement. Ironically bureaucratic and political despite the intentional flat structure.
- 1.09 Aug 2023Customer Support RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsHong Kong
Nice friendly colleagues to work with
The management in Asia is too localized it doesn’t even feel like working for a US based company. Too much micro management and unfair treatment towards their employees. Your opinions and voices are unheard and get shut down immediately. There is no such thing as logical reasoning behind every “No”s and demands. Unless this type of middle management gets improved, it will be very hard to say that there is a flexible and consistent Bloomberg culture across ALL offices. They need to realize keeping their current employees happy is the real way to save costs, not replacing them.1
- 5.06 Sept 2023Account ManagerCurrent EmployeeHong Kong
Bloomberg has really a great flat culture - where you can reach out to any managers you see in pantry and have a catchup
there are too many departments and team involved in your daily work, a bit tough to collaborate
- 2.09 Jul 2023SalesCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsHong Kong
Pantry, benefits, training travel, company events, promotes community volunteering
Long hours, they don’t ever want you to leave hence the food they provide. Depends on your manager, some micromanage to the dot. Since the company is super transparent, everyone can see your appointments, when you enter the office, when you leave the office etc. Apac hours are ridiculous, you only cater to emea and amer
Bloomberg L.P. Reviews FAQs
Bloomberg L.P. has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 7,881 reviews left anonymously by employees. 81% of employees would recommend working at Bloomberg L.P. to a friend and 79% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
81% of Bloomberg L.P. employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Bloomberg L.P. 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.