Compare US Department of Veterans Affairs vs Australian Taxation Office BETASee how working at US Department of Veterans Affairs vs. Australian Taxation Office compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at US Department of Veterans Affairs vs. Australian Taxation Office. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- US Department of Veterans Affairs scored higher in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
- Australian Taxation Office scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Great benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at US Department of Veterans Affairs.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at Australian Taxation Office.
- "Private sector" was the most mentioned Con at US Department of Veterans Affairs.
- "Red tape" was the most mentioned Con at Australian Taxation Office.
I worked at US Department of Veterans Affairs full-time for more than 8 years
Benefits package, leave time, opportunities
Too big and thus, too bureaucratic for everything
Advice to Management
Improve and strictly implement use of an all employee performance evaluation system that can enhance motivation to those that work hard, and decrease permanency of those who don't (both sides... applicable to all regardless their veteran, union affiliation, seniority or special status / eligibility). Great place with values & vision; also with many promotional and transfer opportunities throughout all U.S.. There's also many hardworking, happy and fulfilled employees at the Department of VA Agencies.
I have been working at Australian Taxation Office full-time for more than a year
Mature Agile Culture and respect of craft
It is a super busy place to work