Compare Glu Mobile vs Blizzard Entertainment BETASee how working at Glu Mobile vs. Blizzard Entertainment compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Glu Mobile vs. Blizzard Entertainment. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Glu Mobile scored higher in 4 areas: Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, CEO Approval and Positive Business Outlook.
- Blizzard Entertainment scored higher in 4 areas: Overall Rating, Senior Management, Culture & Values and % Recommend to a friend.
- Both tied in 1 area: Work-life balance.
What Employees Say
- Blizzard Entertainment had 12 more reviews than Glu Mobile that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- Blizzard Entertainment had 28 more reviews than Glu Mobile that mentioned "Work environment" as a Pro.
- "Studios" was the most mentioned Con at Glu Mobile.
- "Cost of living" was the most mentioned Con at Blizzard Entertainment.
I worked at Glu Mobile full-time for more than 3 years
great culture, good benefits. equal opportunity workplace.
very US-centric view on commercial decisions. tends to ignore the market environment in other parts of the world.
Advice to Management
Explore alternative payment options to increase flexibility and potential market reach. Half the world is waiting to be tapped if you placed some R&D resource into developing and improving commercial... ability. Asia is not solely dependant on Google Checkout or Appstore billing. Also, bring back your licensing of big-name IPs from the movie and game industries. Gameloft and EA will always beat you at this if you only focus on internal IP.
I have been working at Blizzard Entertainment full-time
People are professional and friendly and you get to work on games with a global impact
Lots of pressure and challenges as a large company still trying to grow