Compare Glu Mobile vs Blizzard Entertainment BETASee how working at Glu Mobile vs. Blizzard Entertainment compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Glu Mobile vs. Blizzard Entertainment. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Glu Mobile scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- Blizzard Entertainment had 14 more reviews than Glu Mobile that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- Blizzard Entertainment had 24 more reviews than Glu Mobile that mentioned "Work environment" as a Pro.
- "Studios" was the most mentioned Con at Glu Mobile.
- "Cost of living" was the most mentioned Con at Blizzard Entertainment.
I worked at Glu Mobile full-time for more than 3 years
great culture, good benefits. equal opportunity workplace.
very US-centric view on commercial decisions. tends to ignore the market environment in other parts of the world.
Advice to Management
Explore alternative payment options to increase flexibility and potential market reach. Half the world is waiting to be tapped if you placed some R&D resource into developing and improving commercial... ability. Asia is not solely dependant on Google Checkout or Appstore billing. Also, bring back your licensing of big-name IPs from the movie and game industries. Gameloft and EA will always beat you at this if you only focus on internal IP.
I have been working at Blizzard Entertainment full-time for more than 10 years
Overall, great company. August reputation, filled with super talented people. Known worldwide. Products are great. Strong support for employees.
Poor pay, relative to other top tier tech companies. (The "Blizzard Tax", i.e. the hit to your salary b/c you get to have the Blizzard name on your resume.) Ironically, overly focused on diversity... & inclusion. Has lost a lot of talent in the past three years.
Advice to Management
Employees need to be better paid. Not just the top performers, but everyone. California is very expensive.