What does a Salesforce Developer do?
A SalesForce Developer is a programmer who creates functionality and solves problems in SalesForce software using a variety of web languages, software programs, and technologies. As a SalesForce Developer, your responsibilities will include creating and maintaining websites and applications both for the public and internal sites for companies, and teams. You will work with Web Designers, Project Managers, Copywriters, Creative Directors and others who assist in creating websites and website concepts.
Although a college degree is not necessary to become a Salesforce Developer, you must enjoy learning new software and web languages and keeping up with ever-changing industry standards. SalesForce Developers often start out as general Web developers or programmers who learn SalesForce on the job. Previous SalesForce experience is valuable for this position.
- Maintain subject matter expert of SalesForce
- Survey and edit websites and applications as needed
- Implement web solutions and best practices
- Assist Project Managers with planning site redesigns and updates
- Maintain communication with Creative Directors and Project Managers on scope of projects
- Mentor Programmers and Designers on back-end web functionality
- Maintain knowledge of web languages including APEX, JAVA, and Python
- Assist Project Managers in keeping development tasks on schedule and budget
- Seven + years experience as a Programmer, Developer or Web Engineer
- Analytical Skills
- Knowledge of web coding including HTML and CSS
- Strong Communications skills
- Ability to solve problem sets
- Familiarity with Big Data
- Ability to multitask
- Project management skills
- Ability to liaison with non programmers
Salesforce Developer Career Path
Learn how to become a Salesforce Developer, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Salesforce Developer Insights
“Work life Balance is really good and the quality of projects and other things as well”
“oriented company and ask you how you want to go in your career and create opportunities accordingly.”
“There are always endless opportunities to advance your career and the people here are the best.”
“Great opportunity for those who want to learn from the best mentors of the Industry and kickstart their career.”
“I truly feel like the sky is the limit and the growth opportunities here are endless.”
“2) College based salary and not skill based which is the worst thing itself.”
“The people are genuinely fun to work with and seem to enjoy what they do.”
“It was a great learning and working experience for me both on a personal and professional level.”
Salesforce Developer Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of Salesforce developers
A Salesforce developer is responsible for customizing and managing their company's use of Salesforce Customer Relations Management software. Their day may include using the development tools Apex and Visualforce and the development framework Lightning to make sure that Salesforce works properly for their company's needs.
The Salesforce CRM is used in over 150,000 companies, including Sony and Toyota. Its prominence in the marketplace means that professionals are likely able to find a Salesforce developer job. Demand is particularly high in industries such as healthcare, marketing and advertising, and financial services.
Someone with technical expertise may find working as a Salesforce developer mentally challenging, but it's not a physically demanding job. A work-from-home position will require some discipline. Developers need to know how to solve problems as they arise. Some companies may ask developers to work long hours, possibly on nights and weekends.