What does a Call Center Agent do?
A Call Center Representative is part of a large team that handles phone calls at a call center. Call centers can range in their specialty. Customer service, technical help, sales, and political call centers are among the most popular. As a Call Center Representative, you will be responsible for answering or making calls to or from customers. Once a customer is on the line you will be tasked with providing them with information, services or troubleshooting assistance.
There are no educational requirements to become and Call Center Representative. However, since it is a phone based job, superb verbal communications skills are a must for this position. While some people can and do work remotely, most employees work at large call centers where they are required to sit and work in a noisy environment for long periods. Candidates should possess the ability to maintain focus and stay on task.
- Report to SOS (start of shift) meeting for performance recaps
- Utilize company equipment to facilitate calls
- Interact with all customers in a friendly and courteous manner
- Follow all prompts from call management system to provide the appropriate customer service
- Handle all issues in accordance with best practices
- When necessary involve senior management
- Follow all prompts and scripts to the letter with no deviation
- Understand and adhere to all rules of conduct
- 3+ years in a customer service position
- Basic understanding of windows base systems
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong literary comprehension capability
- High-speed internet connection (if working remotely)
- Reliable transportation to and from the call center
- Capable of staying focused and tuning out outside distractions
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Willingness to submit to random drug screenings
Call Center Agent Salaries near Hong Kong
Average Base Pay
Call Center Agent Career Path
Learn how to become a Call Center Agent, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Call Center Agent Insights
“I trained for couple weeks in building and everyone was really nice and so helpful.”
“The pay is not very competitive and it is not very fun do this particular type of telemarketing.”
“The best and ONLY reasons to work here is that you can work a flexible schedule and work from home.”
“The pay is pretty good and everyone I met and worked with was so nice.”
“This is an amazing place to work and i want to improve more and offer the best”
“Worked really well with school schedules The training was fun and I made friends really easily”
“It is the best place to start your work They teach you how to work and how to start”
“I have been working at Humana for 5 months and this is the best WFH job I had.”
Call Center Agent Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of call center representatives
The typical day of a call center representative includes answering customer phone calls and assisting them with their orders. They may answer questions about products or help customers place their orders over the phone. Some call center representatives may also follow up on negative customer experiences to resolve complaints.
The best part about being a call center representative is that as many businesses shift to online models, the demand for these professionals will continue to increase. Businesses always have a need for call center representatives with good communication and organizational skills to increase sales or to improve customer satisfaction rates.
The average salary for call center representatives is HK$15,000 per year in the United States. Pay varies, depending on the representative's experience and the industry in which they work, with average base pay rates going up to HK$18,000 per year.
Working as a call center representative can be rewarding, but also challenging at times. One of the difficult aspects of the job is that customers expect representatives to solve their complaints in a timely manner. This is why becoming a call center representative requires the development of strong problem-solving skills.